Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Relationships vs. readerships on blogs

What's more important:  relationships or readership (followers) on a blog?  

I recently started following a blog by a fellow homeschool mom.   I can totally relate to her blog.  She even wrote  something the other day that could have come directly from my mouth.  I know you want to know what she wrote.  It was about just having finished spring break and having to get back to the reality and challenge of the school routine. But a perk was that her Sunday small group was cancelled so she had to time to do laundry and prepare for her school week and not start the week out behind.  You mean someone else knows what it means to start out behind?!   Man, can I relate to that!  Do we ever get ahead on laundry?!  Her blog is   http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/.

So what about relationships vs. readership on my blog?  Do I want to help others or have a ton of followers?  

Can I have both?

I mean, really.  Can't I?!

 Here's one suggestion  I found while trying to find out more about blog followers...
"We highly recommend that you write a post about your followers widget and encourage all readers to become a follower. Additionally you should put your followers widget at the top of your sidebar so more readers will notice it."  

Okay.  

Here's an explanation from the web of what a follower is...
"When you become a follower of a blog, the blog will also be added to your Reading List on your Blogger dashboard.  

So, when I sign into Blogger.com I see all the blogs that I follow (right now that's two!).
  
Here's what made me really stop and think... from The 2:1 Conference website:
"If you have one reader or a dozen – you are part of community. Learn the benefits of cultivating relationships to strengthen readership and connect rather than collect followers."

My goal when I started was to be an encouragement to others.  Homeschoolers, moms, whomever.  That continues to be my goal.  

When I see that people visit my blog and even become followers that encourages me to continue.  


To become a follower you can click on the "Join this site" button (it's somewhere near the top of my sidebar so you will easily notice it) and follow the prompts. 


Enjoy the journey....


No comments:

Post a Comment