Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Are you going to homeschool through high school?

I just realized that nobody has asked me that question in at least a year.

Maybe that's because my oldest is just 2 years away from graduating high school via homeschooling.  Maybe people figure that since my oldest is in 10th grade that he'll stay at home for high school.

It seems that there is some...is fear the the right word?...fear of homeschooling high school.

Homeschooling is hard in general but high school hasn't seemed as much of a challenge as people think it might be.  I'm not sure what that challenge is.  There is always outsourcing, ie:  online classes, coops, tutors.  Or one can just teach high school herself or learn with the high schooler.  I do some out sourcing since I find it near impossible to get everything done with 5 kids in homeschool and...the never-resting preschooler running around.

Are you going to homeschool through high school?   Well, yes.  At least for my first child! 

My mantra...."Enjoy the journey".....


No comments:

Post a Comment