Monday, February 27, 2012

We flew fighter jets today (well in a simulator)!

Today was the day we planned to go to an Air Force base and fly in flight simulators.  There ended up being 2 families, and since we are homeschooling families,  we had 11 kids.  Here is more info on the types of aircraft we flew...The Beechcraft T-6 Texan II is a single-engined turboprop aircraft used by the United States Air Force for basic pilot training, and The Northrop T-38 Talon is a twin-engine supersonic jet trainer



T-38 jet.




Jesse flying a T-38.  He was the first to fly and he pulled all kinds of stunts.  He set the bar pretty high! He landed like a pro too.


Landing...

Levi couldn't wait to fly.  Fortunately he had to sit on my lap so I "helped" him.  We started at about 600 knots..close to the speed of sound (: which is just what I was hoping for!  Soon after that we did a loop-de-loop...ahhhh.

Josh landed it!

Luke getting ready to land.


Landed it.  No problem.








Caroline and Sophia flew too, but we were rotating rooms and I didn't get to snap a picture of them.  Well, I'll plan to get some next time!  The "sims" instructor invited us back! He's been flying for 50 years (starting at age 10).


 And as if that isn't enough....last night Steve and I went to a free Mac Powell concert.  Mac, as I tend to call him, is the lead singer for the best band ev-ah.  That's right, Third Day. We sat about 10 rows back.  It was awesome. 





Mac on the big screen.
Right in front of us.  Not a great pic from my cell phone unfortunately.






1 comment: