Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I smiled at my dog today.

I kind of laughed and wondered if she understood what that meant.  Later in the day I actually googled it...yes, I actually had time to google it, and I found an article by LiveScience writer Waynne Parry that says, "A new study indicates dogs can learn to distinguish a smile."  Mystery solved.

 http://www.livescience.com/14728-dog-smile-facial-expression-communication.html

Just after I smiled at the dog I was climbing my stairs smiling to myself at the humor in smiling at my dog, I found a half eaten apple slice with peanut butter hiding on my stairs.  I figured it was only from today, and I was so thankful that I have someone come to me clean occasionally.  I give up hair cuts and chocolate to keep the house cleaner coming.  We also clean the house on our own, but every few weeks she comes and it looks so nice for an hour or so.

I view housecleaning as a school expense, "janitorial services" for our academy.

Book Review: Last summer my friend had an extra copy of 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter  byVicki Courtney and she gave it to me telling me it is a must read.  It only took until now to pick it up and after just reading the first paragraph of the introduction I was hooked.  I haven't read much yet, but I hope to read it and provide a short review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment