Thursday, September 29, 2011

I had a great thought. At least I thought I did.

Levi liked soaking his feet the other day, so my great thought was that I would let him soak them again today to keep him gainfully employed while I had a writing class with Jesse and Caroline.  He thought it was a great idea too.  Unfortunately I think I should have put him in a more centrally located place (he was in the hallway, but nobody was near enough to him).  So I think it only lasted about 10 minutes.  That's better than nothing though. Next time I'll put him in the same room as somebody else!  I'm hoping that as he is approaching his 3rd birthday that it might be easier to have him entertain himself.  I don't know how often I'll have someone who can help watch him during school.  Rachel will come in October and November when she can, but she graduates in December and has a full time job after graduation- I'm really glad for her!

It's midnight now.  Luke called at 0850 from his soccer practice, which is supposed to end at 900 pm, and said, "Mom, I dislocated my shoulder."  I said what any mom of a prospective college soccer scholarship recipient would say.  "No you didn't."  I thought he was kidding.  He wasn't.  He did a slide tackle in a scrimmage and the kid who had the ball fell on Luke and when he fell Luke's arm was stretched out. Luke felt his shoulder dislocate and then he rolled and felt it pop back in.  Steve was already on his way to pick him up and got there   a few minutes later.  On the way home Steve called and said Luke was in alot of pain. I asked him how bad on a scale of 1-10.  He said 10. So Steve took him to the ER and I met them there with clean dry clothes for Luke and Motrin.   Steve went home and I stayed.  The XRAY showed no fracture!  And the shoulder was not dislocated then - although it could have been earlier.  So, he needs to follow up on Friday to see if he can play soccer on Friday or Sat.

We met a little girl about 3 years old when we were at XRAY.  She hurt her arm while jumping off an ottoman in an attempt to show-off her dad said.  We talked to her and then saw her again in the waiting area.  I told her and her dad that "they" have  Freeze-Pops in the ER and that I was sure they would give her one...I've worked in Army ERs as a nurse so I knew the deal about the popsicles.  I told her dad that sometimes you have to ask for them.  He thought maybe he could ask for ice cream too.  And maybe chocolate!  She ended up in the bed next to Luke and before we left I asked the nurse to get her a popsicle.  Luke thought it was funny that I said , "I know you have popsicles."  The nurse smiled and said, "Sure.  Do you know her?"  I said, no we just met, but I told her you have popsicles!

As we were leaving one of the medics was brining her a Freeze-Pop.  I told him he was a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment